Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Blacklisting

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 02:10:29 +0100
thomas schorpp <t schorpp gmx de> wrote:

> > Comments?

> unacceptable user effort to control as soon as
> telemarketers and other idiots get on sip.
>
> lets torture them not us.
>
> whitelist or greylist somehow or other modern
> filter practice, pls.

Ok, it was an unlucky experssion, maybe because a blacklist was my
first idea I theoretically implemented and played with.

Okay, what about
- a blacklist
- a whitelist
- a default (accept/decline)

For the greylisting: AFAIR "greylisting" means to block unwanted
<stuff, usually SPAM> by inspecting the behaviour of the sending
server. I'm not sure how to convert this working princip to a SIP
connection attempt. Maybe sth. like max. N attempts per minute or so?
What did you have in mind for greylists?

J.

--
Der Mensch, der bereit ist, seine Freiheit aufzugeben, um
Sicherheit zu gewinnen, wird beides verlieren.