Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] [WIND] Plugins in ekiga

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 10:15:27PM +0200, Julien PUYDT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as I'm working on the new addressbook code, a problem becomes more present :
> - the avahi addressbook depends on avahi ;
> - the evolution addressbooks depend on evolution-data-server ;
> - the kde addressbooks (yes, Éric Bischoff is working on this :-) )
> depend on some kde libs ;

[...]
> I have no code at all at this point ; merely questions... comments,
> ideas and warnings are welcome.

  Well thanks in advance for not making Ekiga main package depend on
the full GNOME + KDE and evolution server stack. Smaller chunks with
dynamically loaded glue package are way better !
  However separating avahi may not be such a big gain, the KDE and eds
one are significant external dependancies, and for them yes separate
packages would help.

Daniel