Re: dogtail not finding the programs

On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 09:47 +0100, Albert Vilella wrote:
> Not finding the programs:

Possible problems:
(i) a11y isn't enabled for a particular application on your particular
distribution
(ii) the "accessible name" of the application isn't what we were
expecting (see below...)

The best thing to do is to try running "sniff" and see what programs it
sees.  Those are the programs that dogtail sees...

[snip]

> avb magneto:~/instalats/dogtail/dogtail/examples$ ./google-search.py
> Detecting distribution: Ubuntu (or derived distribution)
> Warning: Dogtail could not import the Python bindings for libwnck.
> Window-manager manipulation will not be available.
> searching for child of {root}: "epiphany" application (attempt 0)
> sleeping for 0.500000
> searching for child of {root}: "epiphany" application (attempt 1)
> sleeping for 0.500000
> searching for child of {root}: "epiphany" application (attempt 2)
> sleeping for 0.500000
>
> Any hint?
It has a different name on Debian, this has been fixed in CVS, see here:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dogtail-devel-list/2005-October/msg00049.html

Hope that helps