dogtail-devel Re: gedit tests

Il giorno gio, 13/10/2005 alle 00.13 -0400, Dave Malcolm ha scritto:
> [cc'ed to dogtail-devel-list]
>
> I enjoyed reading your blog today, and decided to have a go at
> implementing some of the test cases you proposed here:
> http://live.gnome.org/Gedit/TestCases

Awesome!

(I know that the blog entry sounds a bit negative with regard to the
dogtail-vs-ldtp issue, but let me state that I am impressed by dogtail
from a technical point of view)

> I implemented test 1 and test 3 from your list, and comitted the result
> here:
> http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/dogtail-tests/gedit/gedit-saving-tests.py?view=markup
>
> It uses the gedit.py wrapper you wrote, which I imported into CVS here:
> http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/dogtail/dogtail/apps/wrappers/gedit.py?view=markup
>
> As as experiment I tried using the python unittest module; AFAIK no-
> one's tried this before with a dogtail script: it seems to work quite
> well - I wonder what the main dogtail developers think of this approach?
>
> Seems to work, with a couple of caveats:
> (i) looking at a hexdump of the output file, it has content 'bar\x0a',
> so I've checked for that in the tests

gedit (as vim and others editors) always makes sure that the file is
terminated with a \n otherwise some of the command line utils do not
work properly.