Re: dogtail-devel Icons in sniff

Dave Malcolm wrote:
> I've implemented icon support in 'sniff', based on the code in at-poke
> (and copying the icons from there).

Sweet. Very sweet. I'm thinking now I'll get rid of the Role Name and
Description columns from the TreeView, since it's so cluttered. They'll
still exist in the pane for the selected node.

> You'll need to update to the latest CVS pyspi when using this latest CVS
> sniff, since I had to extend pyspi to do this (adding role support, as
> opposed to role name).  Dogtail packages should have a dependency on
> pyspi>=latest-pyspi version when they are released, to handle this kind
> of thing.

No problem. We should be using versioned dependencies on pyspi for all
packages.

> I haven't attempted to add installation of the icons anywhere yet.

What will probably need to happen is for someone to write a
sniff_icons() function that returns a lists of filenames - see
examples() and example_data() in setup.py. Yay for distutils.

> Once we have working libwnck bindings we ought to be able to get the
> proper icons for each application, which will further help the usability
> of sniff.

Mmmmm...

Zack