Re: focus!

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 11:38 +0100, Brian Nitz wrote:
> Do we know what level of accessibility is possible within the current
> mono framework?
> Do we know what level of accessibility is likely (e.g. with C# apps
> ported from other platforms?)

Semi-informed reply (Mike Kestner, the gtk-sharp maintainer, will be
able to inform you better):

- Last I heard inside Novell, gtk-sharp was in the process of adding
support for GObject interfaces, which are required to implement the a11y
interfaces from C# itself --- you could always implement your accessible
interfaces in straight C, but that's not fun :)

- Plain GTK+ widgets (even if created from C# through gtk-sharp) of
course already work out of the box when a11y is enabled.

- As for C# apps ported from other platforms, do you mean stuff written
with Windows Forms?  I have no idea if that supports a11y at all, either
on Windows or elsewhere.  It may not be terribly hard to implement ATK
interfaces for it.

  Federico