Re: GnomeClient replacement?

Hey,

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Jani Monoses wrote:
the GnomeClient API is for some apps the single Gnome dependency that
has no GTK equivalent and that keeps said apps tied to the >25 or so
platform libraries. Other libgnome(ui) uses are gnome_program_init() and

Yes! Fixing this will be very good for GNOME, and greatly reduce the cost of some our daemons.

gnome_help_display() which can be replaced by gtk_init variants and
directly spawning gnome-open or yelp.

Well, the other thing that the gnome_program_init provides (as I understand it) is the bug-buddy hooks. However, IMHO, this is more of a distro thing. Ubuntu's solution (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AutomatedProblemReports) seems to be better here, as distro specific stuff can make great efforts to get symbols, etc.

-- Ben