Re: libgswitchit: from virtual module to separate library

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 15:53 +0100, Sergey Udaltsov wrote:

> Currently, libgswitchit (not same as libxklavier!) is used as a
> virtual module in the gnome-control-center and gnome-applets. There is
> a plot to use it in the gnome-screensaver as well. There are 2
> - Again, use it a virtual module
> - Finally, create separate module with its own build system, headers
> and (shared) library (as if GNOME does not have enough libraries).
>
> I am considering the second option. Any comments?

The second option makes sense, but what can we do to decrease the amount
of API churn that is seen throughout the keyboard switching code? It
always seems to be breaking compatibility. Especially if the number of
users is getting up to three+ (maybe gdm would like it too?).

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA