Re: CVS conflicts for po files in doc directories

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 18:48 +0100, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> Yesterday at 20:00, Elijah Newren wrote:
>
> > On 1/30/06, Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:
> >> Aloha,
> >>
> >> why am I seeing more and more CVS conflicts for *.po files in
> >> documentation directories?  This happens for quite a few modules
> >> (gucharmap and gnome-applets come to mind); and their number is
> >> increasing.  Is this related to xml2po?  Can it be fixed?
> >
> > It may be related to:
> >
> > 2006-01-29  Shaun McCance  <shaunm gnome org>
> >
> >         * gnome-doc-utils.make:
> >         - Do not automatically update po files
> >
> > but I'm just taking a guess here...
>
> That should actually fix things ;)
>
> (I.e. your PO files got automatically updated before this when you ran
> "make", and this resulted in them being changed from whatever is in
> CVS at the moment)
>
> So Torsten, try updating your gnome-doc-utils instead :)

And Danilo, that reminds me, we *really* need to get some sort of
sans-autogen sans-make method of updating documentation po files
into gnome-doc-utils/xml2po in the next release cycle.  I'm sure
translators are sick of me forcing them to do full checkouts and
actually build the software.

I so meant to do that for 2.14.  Oh well.

--
Shaun