Re: Glib 2.10 / Pango 1.? for GNOME 2.14?

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 08:44 -0600, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> - Has anyone confirmed that floating references are not an ABI break?
> You can test this by installing Glib HEAD on top of a GNOME 2.12
> installation, and seeing if anything breaks.

>From my package manager:
:: glib2: local (2.9.2-1) appears to be newer than repo
(current/2.8.5-1)
:: pango: local (1.11.1-1) appears to be newer than repo
(testing/1.10.2-2)

The versions in the repo are the ones all gnome 2.12 applications are
compiled against. I'm running these versions of Glib and Pango since the
day they were released, haven't noticed any crash. The only recent
crashes I've seen until now are totem crashes, but that's because 1.2.1
has bugs already fixed in CVS, but still not applied to our package.