Re: GStreamer version for 2.14

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 12:44 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:

> So, here's my proposal:
> Ship with 0.10.  Have everything default to it.  Also include 0.8 in
> the ftp directory, but not used.  Include a big old section in the
> release notes explaining the situation and letting people know that
> they can recompile totem or compile a second version of totem against
> 0.8 if they wish.

This is good.  The only thing I would change is to *not* put 0.8 in the
FTP for this release.  If the only regressions now are for
capitalist-pig-formats(tm), we can put that in the release notes and
hope that 0.10 will get support for those soon.  Also, let's not create
extra work for distros --- if they already packaged 0.10 for the
immediate future, we shouldn't force them to create
Funny(tm)/Different(tm) 0.8 packages.

BIG thanks for the GStreamer team for their quick response with the 0.10
issues.  You guys rock :)

Mild slap in the wrist to the GStreamer team for regressing some
features, too ;)

  Federico