Re: Gnome .desktop files

Hi !

> This happens with a lot of applications, is this a bug or a feature?

If I understand correctly, that would be a feature : do we really want
all kinds of viewing applications clutter the menu ? I guess uers will
just want evince (for example) to open when they double-click on a PDF
or PS document, they probably won't open evince from the menu, then
File->Open to find their document.

I'm definitely not the one who decided this, but I guess this is the
rationale (with which I fully agree) ?

Cheers,
Manu