Re: GStreamer version for 2.14

Le lundi 16 janvier 2006 �7:28 +0100, Vincent Untz a �it :
> It is possible to have both 0.8 and 0.10 installed at the same time, so
> the decision could be to ship both and have modules use 0.10 if it works
> for them and otherwise use 0.8. Or maybe support both with a configure
> switch. However, either of these would mean taking a lot of developer
> time that would seem much better spent fixing a single version.
>
> It is somewhat unfortunate, but the lateness of the issue will probably
> force some difficulty in the schedule. We may need to shove
> feature/module freeze effectively back a week (but not doing the same
> for subsequent dates) or being lenient with GStreamer-related freeze
> break requests at first to get this straightened out.

My personal opinion is that we should keep the schedule as it is right
now, but accept some changes related to GStreamer so we can try to have
0.10 for 2.14. If it doesn't work well enough (one month before the
big .0 release, eg), then we'll be able to go back to 0.8.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�