Re: Adaptive mode (Was: Re: Browser Mode by Default)

Hi Calum,

El mar, 10-01-2006 a las 17:40 +0000, Calum Benson escribió:
> On Sat, 2005-12-24 at 19:35 -0500, William Lovaton wrote:
>
> > Hi, I was reading this thread without much interest but I really have to
> > say something: List View in Nautilus have been improving a lot and I
> > like the new developments so far, but it is very annoying when you
> > select a list item and it selects the whole row, if a directory is huge
> > and the files doesn't fit on the window, you are screwed.  You can't
> > deselect an item
>
> Ctrl-clicking any selected item will deselect it, and Ctrl-Shift-A (the
> standard GNOME 'deselect all' shortcut) will deselect everything.

Neat.  May be I should RTFM.

> > and if those items happens to be folders you can't drag
> > and drop a file in the current directory, it will be copied or moved to
> > an unexpected place (where ever you were pointing when you dropped the
> > file).
>
> Hmm, can't visualise what you mean here, can you try explaining it
> differently?

It's a bit hard for me to explain, let's see:
Imagine you are using the List View and you have many folders in it
(let's say your home directory) in a way that real files are not
visible, located well down in the bottommost part of the window.  Now
suppose you want to drag a file from your desktop to your home
directory... there is no easy way to do that because that file won't end
up in your home directory but in one of the folders located in your home
directory.  And that's because you are hovering a directory no matter
where you drop the file.

The only way to do this is to move the mouse down (without dropping the
file) to the bottom border of the nautilus window and wait for the auto
scrolling operation to get to the "file area".  Then you can drop the
file.

I don't know if I am clear enough now.

The other operation that is not possible in the list view, like Reinout
said, is rubberband select of items in the list view no matter if they
are folders or files.

Cheers,

-William

Correo Yahoo!
Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam �gratis!
Reg�rate ya - http://correo.yahoo.com.mx/