Re: getting panel stack traces [was Re: [BLOCKER] [CRASH] latest libbonobo commit crash a lot of applets]
- From: Elijah Newren <newren gmail com>
- To: Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>
- Cc: Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com>, Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: getting panel stack traces [was Re: [BLOCKER] [CRASH] latest libbonobo commit crash a lot of applets]
- Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 13:26:40 -0700
On 1/13/06, Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it> wrote:
> Il giorno ven, 13/01/2006 alle 13.37 -0600, Federico Mena Quintero ha
> > Why does bug-buddy not work for applets?
> Well, my issue was a non-crash, but a load failure related to
> bonobo-activation. Using the method describe on wiki I was able to load
> failing applets.
> Any crashing applet to test bug-buddy?
Try 'killall -11 <name-of-applet>' if you want to test it. And yes,
bug-buddy can provide stack traces for these. (IIRC, at some point in
the past it wasn't able to because it didn't check in $prefix/libexec
for the applet)
] [Thread Prev