Re: How To Use Live CD

Hi Mike and welcome to Linux.

Since you do have CentOS 4.2 installed on your hard drive trying GNOME
is trivial. Chances are you already have GNOME installed.
(To see if you already have GNOME, when you boot your computer, at the
first login screen (in graphical mode) you should see a "session"
button, if you click on it you'll have a choice of which desktop you
want to run, and GNOME should be there. Just choose GNOME and then
login.)
However if this is not the case, you can install gnome with this
commansds (from a terminal window):
rpm --import /usr/share/doc/rpm-*/RPM-*
yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop Environment"

Happy Linux-ing :)

-Gezim