Re: Kick libxklavier from the release set and make it an invalid dependency?

> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/release-team/2006-February/msg00176.html.
> >  I discovered via bug 331413 that libxklavier has a version newer than
> > the ones uploaded to http://download.gnome.org/sources/libxklavier.
> > This presents a problem because we can't use the newer version in the
> > release set unless it's on gnome ftp.  If we get no newer versions
> > then we're faced with build bugs that will never be fixed.  There are
> > multiple possible solutions (I just picked the most likely to get a
> > response one for the subject but it wouldn't be my first choice):
As a maintainer of libxklavier. I never uploaded myself anything to
ftp.gnome.org, really. It is hosted on fd.o and new version (to be
released soon) will also be uploaded there. Whether copy it to
ftp.gnome.org or no - it is up to the gnome release team.

> >  - Remove libxklavier, and make it a blessed external dependency
This looks like the most realistic approach

> >  - Remove libxklavier from the desktop, and make any functionality
> > depending on it only do so optionally and not compiled in by default
It cannot be made optional unless you want people to work with mouse only:)

Sergey