Re: Module decisions for GNOME 2.14

On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 18:23 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
>   + gnome-icon-theme: we fully support the adoption of the new icon
>     naming spec. However the change happened too late for this cycle. We
>     will ship with the 2.12 versions of gnome-icon-theme for GNOME 2.14
>     and encourage people to switch to the new version as soon as work
>     for 2.16 happen.

We'll ship 2.14.0 which will be branched from an earlier version in the
2.13 cycle, which includes a new icon needed by Nautilus, but does not
include the work to clean up the theme, migrate to the naming spec, and
improve the default look of icons in the desktop. HEAD will be
reversioned to 2.15.x (is a 2.15/2.16 GNOME version in bugzilla yet?),
and developers are encouraged to test their applications against HEAD,
file bugs, and branch for 2.14 as early as possible, so that we can
start getting work done on HEAD to use the naming spec in as many
modules as possible, for 2.15, so we can avoid having this argument
again in 6 months.

I will make the -2-14 branch today, and release 2.14.0, which should be
included in the Beta 2 release on Monday, and in GNOME 2.14 final. The
only fixes that will go into this branch, will be very critical issues,
such as not being able to build and install the theme for some reason.

-- dobey