Re: New panel layout for GNOME 2.18?

From: Davyd Madeley <davyd madeley id au>
To: David Nielsen <david lovesunix net>
CC: desktop-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: New panel layout for GNOME 2.18?
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:24:53 +0800

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 11:05:50PM +0200, David Nielsen wrote:
> tir, 22 08 2006 kl. 17:53 -0300, skrev theblues gnr:
>
> > I don't think an usability test has ever been done with the current layout.
> > At least I never heard of one.
>
> BetterDesktop seems to have done this, slab is part of the result of
> those tests.

There was also extensive testing by Sun back in the day.

I know, but I think they used the 1.4 layout that had the menu panel on top as well as the foot menu on the bottom of the screen:

http://ariszlo.tripod.com/screenshots/gnome14.jpg

O Windows Live Spaces é seu espaço na internet com fotos (500 por mês), blog e agora com rede social http://spaces.live.com/