Re: Cancel session shutdown
- From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- To: Xavier Claessens <xclaesse gmail com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Cancel session shutdown
- Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:34:34 -0500
On Sun, 2006-08-06 at 09:58 +0200, Xavier Claessens wrote:
> I'm implementing D-Bus support in xchat/xchat-gnome and here is
> something I want to do:
> When the X session is closing and xchat has DCC transfers running I want
> to be notified and in some cases cancel the session shutdown.
What you want is to use GnomeClient (the session manager client). In
your handler for the "save-yourself" signal, call
gnome_client_request_interaction(). That function later needs to call
gnome_interaction_key_return() to indicate whether it wants to cancel
the logout process.
Gedit has a good example of how to use this; look in gedit-session.c.
] [Thread Prev