Re: Deskbar Applet, NewStuffManager, 2.16, Installing New Plug-Ins, AutoUpdate, etc.

Hi,

Le mardi 01 août 2006, à 11:42, Nigel Tao a écrit :
> > > You mean running untrusted code from the Web?
> >
> > Nigel said it would be possible to secure it a bit using GPG keys.
> > Maybe this kind of signing should be made a requirement.
>
> Well, should signing be necessary and/or sufficient, and who makes
> that decision?

Here's my opinion:

 + this is great stuff

 + this shouldn't be limited to deskbar, but this should really be a
   module we have in the desktop to make this possible for all modules
   that can make use of it

 + I wouldn't want to see this active until we have a proper way to make
   this "secure".

I'm no expert in security, so I can't help that much. Would waiting for
the 2.18 release cycle be an issue for desbkar? It could leave us time
to properly handle the security/trust issue and to make other modules
use this.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.