Re: Fwd: [gnome-love] Participate to the GNOME Goals and feel the love!

You are welcome to disagree all you want. You are still wrong. 3d is a
very different beast from SVG. You can not create a single SVG that will
render properly at different sizes. In 3D games, and the like, where
even at a distance, the object still looks good, this is because of how
the core functionality works. SVG was not designed well to be scalable
beyond small thresholds. It does not add or remove particular details of
an object when scaling up or down, as 3D applications do. Even scaling
an SVG icon drawn at 48x48 down to 32x32, it often looks quite bad. SVG
is not the savior of icons that you think it is.

-- dobey