Re: Solution for OEMs/Gnome

Daniel Carrera wrítes:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks to all who gave suggestions. One of the suggestions turns out to
> work quite well:
>
> 1. Configure Gnome just the way I want it.
> 2. sudo cp ~/.g* /etc/skel

Af least for .gconfd it is a bad idea.

For .gconf you should prefer root's gconf database (but I still see a
problem, that such customization is overwritten by a subsequent packages
update, at least with the default gconf path).

Also bad for .gnome2_private.

In .gnome2 you should decide, whether keep session files or use
gnome-session properties.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SuSE CR, s. r. o.                             e-mail: sbrabec suse cz
Drahobejlova 27                               tel: +420 296 542 382
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 296 542 374
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.cz/