LINGUAS file support in po directories

OK,

So, in accordance with previous correspondence I sent about the use of
po/LINGUAS rather than ALL_LINGUAS in configure.{in,ac}, I hereby
present to you, the Correct (TM) way to migrate to using the LINGUAS
file in your po subdirectory or even multiple subdirectories with
different levels of i18n support.

Straight from the Lo-Fi Headquarters, comes support for LINGUAS files
in po subdirectories, direct in intltool. I have just committed this
support to CVS, and bumped the version there to 0.34.90, and plan to
make an 0.35 release very soon, after a bit more testing. All you have
to do to migrate is use intltool from CVS HEAD, move the locales
specified in your ALL_LINGUAS definition in configure.{in,ac} to
po/LINGUAS, and remove the ALL_LINGUAS definition from
configure.{in,ac}. That's it. You don't need to make configure depend
on po/LINGUAS, so that it regenerates and fills in ALL_LINGUAS, which
changed to a shell command to load the locale names back out of the
po/LINGUAS file and shove them in configure.{in,ac} again, so that
they get substituted in all the right places.

Should make that GNOME Goal much easier to complete now.

Enjoy.

-- dobey