Re: Proposal to add Orca to GNOME 2.16

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 18:45 -0400, Willie Walker wrote:
> 2) Add orca to the "Startup Programs" entries for gnome-session.  I've
> never been quite sure why this wasn't something that was done for the
> current assistive technologies - was it because the "Startup Programs"
> dialog requires so many steps to get to it?

no need to do that, you can use the autostart mechanism, that is,
install a .desktop file in /etc/xdg/autostart or
$prefix/share/gnome/autostart and that will be read by gnome-session and
start it on login. Users that don't want to run it can go to the Startup
programs capplet and disable it.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>