Re: Gnome 2.16 Module Proposal: GNOME Power Manager
- From: Steve Frécinaux <nudrema gmail com>
- To: Davyd Madeley <davyd madeley id au>
- Cc: GnomePowerManager List <gnome-power-manager-list gnome org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, richard hughsie com
- Subject: Re: Gnome 2.16 Module Proposal: GNOME Power Manager
- Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 17:13:33 +0200
Davyd Madeley wrote:
I would like to see g-p-m fragmented into three parts.
* A daemon with no GTK+ dependance that would be suitable for
* A capplet (this exists today)
* A notification area icon (libnotify dependance goes here)
This would allow us to more easily address integration issues with
GNOME and other desktops and it means that we can aim at avoiding
notification area pollution (because session initialised notification
icons are a violation of all that is good and right).
On my own I'd like to see a real gnome-terminal applet instead of that
notification icon, eventually replacing the current batstat applet...
] [Thread Prev