Re: Gnome 2.16 Module Proposal: GNOME Power Manager

Davyd Madeley wrote:
I would like to see g-p-m fragmented into three parts.

 * A daemon with no GTK+ dependance that would be suitable for
   cross-desktop use
 * A capplet (this exists today)
 * A notification area icon (libnotify dependance goes here)

This would allow us to more easily address integration issues with
GNOME and other desktops and it means that we can aim at avoiding
notification area pollution (because session initialised notification
icons are a violation of all that is good and right).

On my own I'd like to see a real gnome-terminal applet instead of that notification icon, eventually replacing the current batstat applet...