Re: Top menubar for applications

> I know this has been discussed (flamewars actually) many times, but for
> those of us who prefer the MacOS behaviour it would be very nice if this was
> included at least as an option, or as a hidden gconf option, or maybe even
> just a patch. Unfortunately I'm not able to hack this myself (yet! I'm
> learning), so I was wondering why it hasn't been done yet: is it because
> it's too hard with gtk+ or it's just that someone hasn't stepped up yet.

KDE has it and it is totally awesome... Until you realise that it
doesn't work with non-KDE apps. I assume something similar could be
fairly easily implemented in gtk, but that would ofcourse only work
with gtk programs. So unless all GUI toolkits share the same code for
drawing menubars you can't get it right. Maybe thats a task that
freedesktop.org could fix?

--
mvh Björn