Re: Moving to bonjour over howl

<quote who="JP Rosevear">

> Is there any reason not to prefer bonjour over howl now?  Apple has
> re-licensed the client portions of the library under BSD like howl and
> almost certainly bonjour will be better tested.

That happened a while ago. Unfortunately, the daemon is still APSL2, so we
should not be recommending that our distributors ship it by supporting it.

In the mean time, we have a wonderful solution in Avahi (which the Apple
people are taking an interest in, too).

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu USA & Europe Tour: Oct-Nov 2005            http://wiki.ubuntu.com/3BT

    "And the only time I met George W Bush, he said to me, 'Hey Mike! Go
              find real work.' Of all people!" - Michael Moore