Re: Moving to bonjour over howl
- From: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- To: JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, Hans Petter Jansson <hpj novell com>
- Subject: Re: Moving to bonjour over howl
- Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:30:39 +0100
On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 09:18 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:
> Is there any reason not to prefer bonjour over howl now? Apple has
> re-licensed the client portions of the library under BSD like howl and
> almost certainly bonjour will be better tested.
> Initial patches that support both from hpj:
Is there any reasons to prefer Apple's Bonjour over Howl? The license
problems are the same in both implementations, and we can at least have
some influence on Howl. See how well Apple works with the KDE community.
Not really encouraging.
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
I saw Welles as a kind of punk, in his time. He seemed like trouble. --
] [Thread Prev