Re: Disk Activity in System Monitor 2.10.1

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 14:32 -0400, Walter J. Mazurowski wrote:
>         My problem/question is although all the other graphs seem to be
> working as expected I never see anything at all on the "Disk" graph.
> Floating over it, even when the disk is busy and thrashing away, I see
> "Disk 0% in use".

This monitor is an interesting one. Sometimes it doesn't behave like you
would expect. This is a limitation with regards to how the kernel
receives data as I understand it.

If it is simply not showing anything at all, you may have encountered a
bug with regards to LVM. Either in the kernel or in libgtop. If I were
going to look into it, I would check out to see how libgtop was finding
out disk statistics, and work from there.

I can't recall if my disk monitor works on my FC4 machine at work with
LVM.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA