Re: Thoughts on the future of gnome

From: Mike Hearn <mike plan99 net>

>On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:21:19 +0200, alan wrote:
>> Is it likly that a windows version of gnome (even a basic, light version)
>> will be available when vista is released?

> Would it be worth it though?

The reason I would be interested in this is that Windows XP has this
component currently referred to as Interix/Services For Unix (and
there's a third name - something like Services for Unix Applications)
which provides a POSIX API for applications.

Having GNOME libraries, etc. supported on Windows would make it easier to
build and run an environment which supported GNOME compliant applications
in that environment.
--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden cas org><URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/ >