Re: MOTD implementation in gnome-session

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 17:40:23 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> It just makes gnome-session display the /etc/motd file on startup, using
> libnotify if available, or an ugly dialog if not. The 2 new files are to
> be placed in gnome-session/gnome-session

Given that libnotify messages aren't really meant for large amounts of
text, I'm not sure that it's the right place to use it. Most MOTD messages
on my university network are too large to fit in a notification and
require at least basic formatting etc. I'd go for popping up a dialog in
all cases, actually.

thanks -mike (a notification-daemon author)