Re: MOTD implementation in gnome-session

It would be nice if it detects a change in the MOTD and notifies
the user that it's changed (unless of course it already does that).
As Mark stated later in this thread sometimes desktop users just
stay logged in and there is no way to alert people through MOTD in
that situation.

Alternatively, you find a new way to replace motd with something
thats probably works better in the desktop context.

sri