Re: MOTD implementation in gnome-session

On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 16:48 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> 	I the first thing worth discussing is "why?". Why is it a good idea to
> show /etc/motd at login?

This is not the sort of feature I would turn on by default. However,
sometimes displaying the MOTD is something that system administrators
like to do (the UCC MOTDs contains useful information; there are also
scripts to sync them). Having this as a GConf option is the sort of
feature that might be useful in 2% of cases, but it is polish that
doesn't cost us much, and someone might just find useful and shiny.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA