Re: Three Point Zero - Idea Mockups

If energy toward improving the desktop that went into 1.2 and 1.4 had carried into 2.0 instead of worrying about the platform so much we'd be even farther along. Frequent releases have probably had far greater impact on improving the desktop than the code churn that happened in 2.0. Much of the code churn effectively got back out anyway.

If anything, it was the inability to do user features during 2.0 (what with all the platform churn) that resulted in a blossom of stuff after it was done. Pent up coding agression ;-) People work a lot better without underlying uncertainty.

I imagine there will be a big bunch of user improvements coming as soon as this platform (c/mono/python/whatver) uncertainty we are mired in now is over.... No matter which way it gets resolved. Platform uncertainty has a tendency of smothering direct pragmatic work, but with any luck it flares up again after the wet cloth is removed.

-seth