Re: Three Point Zero - Idea Mockups
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM>
- Cc: Mike Hearn <mike navi cx>, "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Three Point Zero - Idea Mockups
- Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:28:31 -0400
On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 13:35 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 02:47, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Look at the highlights of a major version of OS X:
> However, it is still OS X... even their claimed 250+ new features didn't
> warrant the release of OS XI, which (despite the marketing hype around
> 10.4) will likely be the next version in which they consider any
> fundamental changes to the interaction model or overall look-and-feel.
Sure, but 10.4 was an 18-month project with tons of hype and lots of
people were willing to buy the upgrade.
OS X is probably a 5-10 year "product generation" at least so "4" is the
equivalent of a GNOME version number.
I think for us to jump "product generations" the branch/fork approach is
probably required and you really need a structural change in "what the
product _is_" to justify it.
] [Thread Prev