Re: Three Point Zero - Idea Mockups

On Wed, 25 May 2005 03:09:57 +0200, Maciej Katafiasz wrote:
> Please. This is Weekly Usability List Flame Topic #1, and no, it can't
> be done as "just another applet". Primarly because it's not about simply
> displaying menu at the top of screen, but needs very different menu
> structure, but I'm not going to discuss it, LA LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YA,
> LA LA LA NOT A SINGLE WORD

Putting the usability issues to one side, it doesn't really matter what
the menu structure is if there's no way to export the menu out of process
and when the code to do that is written you might as well dock it into an
applet rather than a test app. Menu redesigns can come *after* the
technology exists to make them useful.

Maybe there should be a wiki page on this? From what I've seen of Mac
apps, the menu structure is pretty similar save for the application menu
which is often considered a bad idea from the muscle-memory perspective
anyway. So I'm not sure as to what would need to be changed.

thanks -mike