Project Soylent

Disclaimer: sorry if these lists aren't ideal to announce a project
idea, but it seems like a good complement to a live.gnome.org page.
======

Over the last few months (without much concerted effort), I've put some
thought into what seems to be a cleaner way to use the Gnome desktop to
communicate with other people.

In short, I think we should create a "People Browser" (and a bit of
behind-the-scenes support) to search/browse through people (as opposed
ot files).

In long, check out http://live.gnome.org/ProjectSoylent

I hope to raise interest, as I currently have insufficient time to do
much coding for it. I would love to work out any conceptual design
issues, though.

What does everyone think? (Feedback on the wiki is preferable, but
either works.)

-Travis