Re: bug-buddy branched

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Fernando Herrera wrote:

> Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:35:39 +0100
> From: Fernando Herrera <fernando herrera tecsidel es>
> To: gnome-i18n gnome org, gnome-doc-list gnome org,
>      desktop-devel-list gnome org, release-team gnome org
> Subject: bug-buddy branched
>

> Hello. I've just branched bug-buddy. CVS HEAD is now for GNOME 2.11
> development. Current stable branch is gnome-2-10.
>
> Main plans for bug-buddy during 2.11 Development cycle:
> * Include xml-rpc support.

> * Convince every maintainer to include a "Submit bug Report"
>   entry in every GNOME Desktop Application.

In debug builds sure but in all the release builds?  Something about a
prominent reminder of bugs in release software bothers me.  Some projects
already get a lot of out of date feedback on the same bugs.  I'm not
entirely sure that a a greater quantity of feedback is necessarily a good
idea for everyone.  (Having bug-buddy come up when there is a crash is
still a great thing to have though.)

If this is something you really want to see added to the whole desktop
could there be a way to turn it off for the whole desktop?

Can we have a stock GTK item for this first so that the label will be
consistent and easily translatable in just one place?

> * Add your favourite feature here and send me some beer.

Good luck with the next version of Bug-Buddy.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Abiword http://planet.abisource.com
Dia http://gnome.org/projects/dia/