RE: ABSOLUTE THEMES INSANITY ON THE *CURRENT* DEFAULT THEME!

Perhaps a darker button colour would have be suitable, but not that
colour. That is much too dark, the pink prelight also leaves a lot to be
desired. As well as the green tinge on depressed widgets.
All in all it makes it look rather ugly compared to the old one, which
is at least bearable.

Sure, these colors were meant for the Default theme, not for Simple. However, applying the same principles on Simple with more matching colors, here's a quick try:
http://www.gnomefiles.org/shots/simple.png
(note: this looks ok on my Linux laptop LCD, but it still doesn't look right when I look at the picture from my Powerbook because OSX users a different gamma)

Eugenia