Re: houston, we have a problem- 2.10 showstoppers

Elijah Newren wrote:
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:21:40 -0500, Christopher Aillon
<caillon redhat com> wrote:
Someone point me in the right direction, then.  I'll get this supported
in Firefox and Mozilla upstream.

Sweet!  I've been trying to get myself oriented in Mozilla code today.
 Hopefully this means that I don't have to.  ;-)

Anyway, I guess a good place to look is at other modules and how they
do it. startup-notification support was recently added to nautilus. You can see the patches and discussion at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2005-February/msg00045.html
(Havoc or someone who understands the startup-notification spec better
than me probably should have sanity checked it, but hey, the patches
work)
You can also take a look at the gnome-terminal code that does the same
basic thing.  Grep for "startup_id" in src/terminal.c and
src/terminal-window.c.

Feel free to email me if you have questions.  I'll then either shoot
of my mouth if I think I know the answer, or ask Havoc or Mark for the
answers and relay them to you if I'm worried about being right.  :)

Awesome, thanks for the pointers.  I'll see what I can hack up.  If I'd known this was a bug in upstream, I'd have gotten traction on it ages ago.  I just assumed that it was metacity that's been annoying me.  ;-)