Re: GNOME 2.11/2.12 targeting GTK+ 2.8 (ie cairo based)

<quote who="Morten Welinder">

> > For non-local servers without Render, Cairo will allow us to eliminate
> > the round-trips... a huge win.
>
> "Show me the money!"

Morten, I can understand your frustration, but to abuse some more movie
quotes: Your tone was pretty bogus, and we should all be excellent to each
other, regardless of any day-to-day hacking gripes we may have. I've always
found that positive reinforcement and encouragement goes a lot further than
snide remarks (having tried both!), and it's our positivity that will bring
new developers into - and hopefully stay in - our community.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
OSCON 2005: August 1st-5th         http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2005/

     "It's never been, 'We're doing this for the good of society.' It's
     always been us taking an intellectual pride in putting out a good
   product - and making money. If putting a computer on every desktop and
     in every home didn't make money, we wouldn't do it." - Microserfs