Re: moving to dbus 0.3x asthe target version for G2.12 [was Re: DBus in G2.12]

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 10:23 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> [Moving this off r-t to a broader group that might have more feedback on this :)
>
> On 6/10/05, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> > On Fri, June 10, 2005 15:22, Ross Burton said:
> > > I think the release team need to make a statement about what version of
> > > DBus is to be used for any code which can use DBus.  At present I
> > > believe gnome-vfs and HAL in CVS are using the DBus 0.3x API, whereas
> > > nautilus-cd-burn is still using 0.2x.  As these cannot be easily used at
> > > the same time, this needs to be resolved one way or another.
> >
> > Good point. I think that the distributors that will ship 2.12 will use
> > DBus 0.3x. Going with the DBus 0.3x API looks like the more sensible
> > solution to me. Is there any reason to stay with the 0.2x API?
>
> Yeah, I don't know of any reason not to standardize on 0.3x- most
> things have already ported AFAICS. d-d-l, anyone object to requiring
> everyone to move to 0.3x? (I'm assuming no, but...)
>
> Luis

I have patches for all core GNOME modules and if they aren't already in
CVS it means they were just not applied yet.  If anyone else needs help
porting their stuff just let me know.  I need to make a new DBus release
pretty soon.  I will do so before I go to Germany next week.

--
John (J5) Palmieri
Associate Software Engineer