Re: change an environment variable in a running gnome session

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005, Rodney Dawes wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 11:29 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> > Long answer: what exactly are you trying to do?  There may be a way
> > within GNOME to do it.
>
> If it's to change the locale settings without logging out of gnome, and
> back in, then I have some ideas on how to make that work, that I will be
> playing with soon. If everything works as I think it will, then we can
> probably get this into gnome 2.14. :)
>
> -- dobey

I appreciate a way to do that too.  I change my ~/.bash_profile
for various reasons, and the effect won't be visible in my
terminals unless I logout and relogin...  A capplet to edit
enviromental variables is helful.  Windows does have it ;)

--behdad
http://behdad.org/