Re: Heads-up: overwrite confirmation for GtkFileChooser

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 15:04 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 06:05, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
>

> > http://primates.ximian.com/~federico/news-2005-07.html#14
>
> Cool, needs a little HIG love though :)
>
> - Alerts shouldn't have any titlebar text
> - Bold text should be in 'newspaper headline' style, so "File '%s'
> Already Exists" (with no trailing punctuation) would be shorter and more
> appropriate
> - "Replace Existing File" (should be book title case) could just be
> "Replace"
> - It's not immediately clear to me what "Select Another File" (should
> also be book title case) does... select another file for what?  The more
> standard "Cancel" would probably be clear enough, IMHO (although that
> could be mis-interpreted as cancelling the whole Save operation, so a
> better term would still be useful).

"Select Another File"? It's not another file we're looking for, but
another filename.

> (Oh, I see some of this is already covered in the bug report; have added
> the stuff that isn't.)
>
> Cheeri,
> Calum.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
Hollywood? It's fucking 14 hours there, 14 hours back and two hours of
kissing fucking cheeks. Fuck that. -- Richard Harris