Re: Certification for GNOME apps
- From: Ciaran O'Riordan <ciaran fsfe org>
- To: foundation-list gnome org
- Cc: Colin Walters <walters verbum org>, GNOME Desktop <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, veillard redhat com
- Subject: Re: Certification for GNOME apps
- Date: 14 Jul 2005 02:47:19 +0100
Colin Walters <walters verbum org> writes:
> On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 19:34 -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > We want ISV to code against Gnome/GTK+, this is a Foundation position,
> > reflected by the licences of our platform libraries.
Yes, I see the merit there, and LGPL is a good choice.
> I'd also like to point out that "ISV" doesn't have to mean "proprietary
> Such an integration guide would be useful for us to point
> e.g. Firefox developers at too.
My point is that Gpdf, Evince, and other free software projects are what
people should *aim* to help, not Adobe Acrobat (as the initial email
Ciarán O'Riordan, | Support FSFE's work against
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/ | software patents by becomming
| a Fellow: http://fsfe.org
] [Thread Prev