Re: Certification for GNOME apps

Colin Walters <walters verbum org> writes:
> On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 19:34 -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> > We want ISV to code against Gnome/GTK+, this is a Foundation position,
> > reflected by the licences of our platform libraries.

Yes, I see the merit there, and LGPL is a good choice.

> I'd also like to point out that "ISV" doesn't have to mean "proprietary
> software".

> Such an integration guide would be useful for us to point
> e.g. Firefox developers at too.

My point is that Gpdf, Evince, and other free software projects are what
people should *aim* to help, not Adobe Acrobat (as the initial email

Ciarán O'Riordan,                              |   Support FSFE's work against             | software patents by becomming