Re: Certification for GNOME apps

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 20:42 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Mer, 2005-07-13 at 16:27, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> > Level 2 - the app is actually written with GTK+.
>
> Why does this matter ? Surely it is about degrees of integration and HIG
> compliance.

I agree. I was similarly surprised by (on the wiki) the requirement to
use .glade files as a possibility for one level; surely this
certification should be about the user experience, not coding practises.

This leads to a few modifications to the ideas suggested on the wiki;
for example, "Uses gnome-vfs" would be "Is able to open and save files
to/from any http:, ftp:, smb:, nfs: (others?) url." Which amounts to a
similar thing, but is based on how much a user would care.

Basing the certification on library usage could lead to a situation
where the certification only matters to someone thinking of hacking on
the project!
--
Andrew