Re: Audio apps (was Re: Proposed Modules, My Take)

Andy Wingo, who made the jack plugins, recently started at Fluendo and
he plans on getting the current Jack plugins into shape. The current
Jack plugins are due to the nature of Jack not interchangeable with
esound, polypaudio or artsdsink plugins (since as Rob points out you
need to write your apps in a very specific way to not loose the value of
using jack, which is why the jack plugins works different than any other
'soundserver' plugins).

Wingo said he will write a second jacksink plugin though which will
basically let you use jack as a normal soundserver through GStreamer
(this plugin can not be used by pro-audio apps though, they would still
have to relay on the 'real' jack GStreamer plugins).

Christian