Re: GNOME privilege library

Xavier Bestel wrote:
Le jeudi 13 janvier 2005 �7:52 +0000, Mike Hearn a �it :

The concept of having the user enter a magic password over and over to
achieve basic sysadmin tasks like setting the date/time seems pretty
broken usability-wise to me but I have no idea how else to do it :)

sudo ou suid binaries ?

I would avoid prefer not having suid binaries or sudo for some of the reasons that Sean stated.

The best solution I have seen was having a Dbus based deamon to provide the necessary backend to make changing trivial safe things like date/time hassle free. Of course it would need to be extensible with a plugin interface so that other "root" services can be easily provided for.

jamie.

	Xav