Re: Namespace on gnome-menus library

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 15:49 +0100, Mikael Hallendal wrote:

Hi,

Hi,

We should probably namespace gnome-menus. You currently include <menu-tree.h> and the functions are menu_tree_* for example. Would be better to have the functions namespaced so that it's easier to see where they come from.

#include <gnome-menus/menu-tree.h>

gnome_menu_tree_*

	Yeah, maybe ... but that's more typing :-)

	Seriously, its a library which only will be used in the core desktop -
gnome-panel, control-center, bug-buddy currently - so I'm not worried
enough about namespace clashes to change it, really.

It's currently only used in those, and in the application we have been hacking on this weekend. But it would be much more work fixing this at a later point if more people start using it. It also makes it more readable in the application that uses it since it's clear that it's an external library.

Anyway, just raising my concerns that we should make new libraries as good as possible.

Best Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/